Los Filtros Limpios De Calenton Previenen El 30% De Las Llamadas De Costosos ServiciosOctober 10, 2019
The Superior HALO Water FilterOctober 15, 2019
With recent advancements in HVAC technology, there are plenty of fancy toys homeowners can buy. These devices simplify, enhance, and improve many features on older heating systems. With so much new technology, it’s easy for some homeowners to be overwhelmed. That’s why we’re sharing our two favorite smart features in every heating system; even the older ones.
For those keeping their older systems, there are two smart features already installed. You only need to learn to use them.
Customize Air Temperatures with Your Thermostat
The thermostat is the remote control of your heating system. Homeowners with a functional thermostat have total access to the heating system.
Using your thermostat correctly can actually help reduce your utility bill. Just a few thermostat tweaks here and there can decrease energy spending over time. In addition, by properly utilizing thermostat features, homeowners can increase the comfort of their home and air.
During the colder months of the year, it’s advisable to follow these best practices:
- Wake time temperature – during your waking hours, and when most people are home, have the heating system set at your most comfortable and wanted temperature
- Sleep time temperature – before going to bed, set the heating system thermostat a few degrees lower than the wake time temperature.
- Empty home – when people are absent, reduce the heating system thermostat temperature by several degrees. Or, depending on your home and insulation level, it may be more cost effective to turn off the heating system altogether.
While it seems overly simple, those small degrees in temperature changes add up to a noticeable cost difference.
Homeowners who are interested in other methods of reducing energy costs via heat loss should look into:
Air Filters Help Keep Your Home Air Comfortable
The air filter serves an important purpose, it protects the heating system by:
- Separating particles from airflow, keeping home air healthy
- Reducing unnecessary buildup in the system
- Helping the heating system last longer
- Preventing damages and heating system repairs
- Contributing to better heating system performance
Unfortunately, it can be easy to overlook the importance of the air filter.
The air filter in your heating system should be changed every few months. Homeowners who regularly their air filters go through two to five air filters every year; depending on lifestyle goals and preferences.
By changing the heating system air filter, homeowners experience:
- Cleaner and healthier home air
- Less heating system repairs and damages
- Lower utility bills
- Better heating system efficiency
- Reliable and accurate temperature delivery
- Longer heating system lifespan
All this comes from a clean and strong air filter, and it is a smart feature included in any home heating system.
Elevate Your Heating System with Service Champions
Service Champions Heating & Air Conditioning leads the HVAC industry in superior heating system service. Our experts are highly trained professionals who deliver lasting results with every maintenance, repair and installation.
We use only the best techniques to ensure total and high quality heating system care. Homeowners trust us for exceptional customer service and expert technical care, so both you and your heating system are protected and served.
To upgrade your heating system, call Service Champions. Complete the linked form
to meet your heating system expert. You can also speak to our friendly service representatives for more information.