Why Air Conditioning Maintenance?
Your heating and air conditioning system is one of the most expensive appliances you have in your home. And just like your car, your home comfort system has crucial parts that need to be professionally maintained and tuned-up on a bi-annual basis.
One of the many benefits of being a Club Member with Service Champions is that we will maintain your central air system twice a year. In the summer we service your air conditioning system with our 26 Point A/C Precision Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning. In the winter we provide you an 18 point Furnace Precision Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning.
Schedule a Maintenance
Here are some benefits for maintenance:
- Lower utility bills. By keeping your unit as up-to-date as possible, you will have a machine (furnace and/or condenser) that can run smoothly without any possible build-up that will alter the AC system from performing to its maximum potential. The more build-up a system has, the harder it has to work. Therefore, your home energy bill will increase since your AC unit has to work longer to produce the same results. Studies show that routine maintenance can save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills.
- Saves you from costly repairs. When we maintain our HVAC systems, we save ourselves from more frequent breakdowns. Small issues can lead to larger issues arising that can result in expensive repairs that could have been solved when dealt with at its origin.
- Prolong the life of your system. By having bi-annual tune-ups, you can increase the life span of the unit upwards of 30% to 50%. An average heating and air conditioning unit has a life span of 12 years to 15 years, if not maintained, and 15 years to 20 years, if maintained.
- Keeps system running as efficiently as possible. By having routine maintenance tune-ups, you can increase the efficiency of your system upwards of 25%.
Trained Service Champions technicians will perform a 60-90 minute tune-up and professional cleaning including the following 26 procedures:
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Wash or replace standard 1 inch filter
- Monitor amperage and voltage on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear/leakage
- Inspect indoor coil and blower assembly if accessible
- Confirm proper return air and size
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressures of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
- Test/Inspect Primary Motor Control for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect refrigerant metering device for proper operation
- Test and inspect Secondary Motor Control
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil/remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference between supply and return air
- Inspect duct system and airflow
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw and wiring connections
- Clean and wax outside condenser
- Check Unit for isolation pads and earthquake straps
- Inspect suction line for proper insulation
- Inspect all fittings for signs of oil and/or leakage
- Check lines and fittings with refrigerant leak detector
- Flush and treat condensate drain
How often should I get my unit tuned-up?
- Bi-annually. Service Champions recommends a bi-annual tune-up inspection. These tune ups are free of charge if you are a club member. If you would like to know what are some benefits of being a club member, visit our membership page.
How long will a Precision Tune-up take?
- 60 to 90 minutes. At Service Champions, trained technicians perform a complete 26 point and 18 point Precision Tune-up and Professional Cleaning that takes 60-90 minutes to perform. Our thorough precision tune-up is separated into individual procedures that are complete with all necessary materials including a standard filter.
How much does an inspection cost?
- As a club member, you inspection is included as one of your benefits.
- For non club members, inspections cost $88.00. We offer a $88 “Precision Tune-up and Professional Cleaning” deal for qualified homes in Southern California.
How do I schedule a Tune-up?
- Option A. You can schedule a tune-up filling out the form below.
- Option B. You can click on the blue tab to the right titled “Schedule a $88 Tune-up”.
- Option C. Give us a call now.
Our Maintenance Programs
Studies show that routine maintenance can save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills.
- 18-Point Furnace Precision Tune-up. This check-up includes professional cleaning and safety inspections for all furnace units. For a detailed explanation of all 18 points, click here on the “Checklists”.
- 26-Point Air Conditioning Precision Tune-up. This check-up includes professional cleaning and safety inspections for all air conditioning units. For a detailed explanation of all 26 points see the list above.
Should I perform my own maintenance?
- Change the filter. Filters should generally be checked and replaced every 2 to 3 months. However, every home is different with diverse scenarios and dependents that influence the life span of a filter. For instance, if a house has wood or tile flooring, it may be ideal for the family to change the filters once a month since dirt and dust get sucked into the return which is the large grill that’s at the base of the furnace or located somewhere in the house. There are multiple dependents at work here; some dependents include the number of occupants inside the home, hay fever, sinus conditions, use frequency of the system, and more.
- Leave everything else to the professionals. Keep in mind this is one of the most dangerous units in a household that contains natural gas, carbon monoxide, high voltage and low voltage all in one machine. All Service Champions technicians have been trained to operate and handle all HVAC machines correctly and safely. Our technicians come across a wide range of repair calls. In the image shown to the right, our technician came across a fried capacitor which is found on the condenser. Service Champions aim at the satisfaction of all our clients. This client in particular did not have to replace their condenser which saved the client money.
Why choose Service Champions?
Diamond certified. Service Champions is the only Diamond Certified HVAC company in Southern California.
100% satisfaction guarantee. We agree to accept both personal and company responsibility with the operation of the equipment provided by us and paid for by you. For all of our peace of mind guarantees simply click on the link.
Up-front pricing. No surprises. We work by the job, not by the hour. We have up-front pricing so you understand the cost before we get started.
Fully stocked vehicles. All of our company vehicles come fully stocked so that all of your needs are met the first time we are visiting your home saving you time.
Ask an Expert
Service Champions is dedicated to making your life easier. Why go through all the trouble of looking for answers about your equipment yourself? Now there is a better way to get a handle on your problems. When you have a question about cooling or heating matters, Ask-an-Expert!
Our team has answers to all the stuff behind the wall that keeps your home running smoothly. Please use the form below to send a question.
Our team of experts are typically out in the field doing hands-on training.
All online submissions and questions will be answered within 24 hours.
All online submissions received during business hours (Monday thru Friday, 7AM – 8PM and Saturday 8AM – 5PM) are guaranteed a 24 hour response time. After hours submissions have a next morning response time. Saturday after hours, including Sunday submissions will be responded to Monday morning.
Call us today! We’re ready to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for choosing Service Champions.