COMMON FURNACE PROBLEMS
At Service Champions, we would rather educate our customers than pressure them into a sale. Our clients should feel empowered to make their own decisions and take control over their home heating and cooling needs.
When an HVAC technician inspects your equipment they will give you a full run down of your system. What’s working, what’s not, and what should be fixed. They’ll let you know of any immediate concerns or a repair that can be put off for awhile.
- A traditional home furnace operates with natural gas. When the mechanics inside of your furnace malfunction, there are a variety of reasons why your furnace may fail to provide heat.
- When the gas valve is stuck or does not open, there is no release of gas to fuel the furnace burner needed to provide heating.
- Another common reason for furnace problems is if the ignition system breaks down. The spark ignition, related to the gas valve, may not work.
CONTROL BOARD AND SAFETY CONTROLS
There is a control board inside of your furnace is what allows you to adjust the ambient temperature of your home with the thermostat.
The control board oversees the entire function of the furnace, including heating and cooling. If there control board were to fail, it would need to be entirely replaced.
Here are some issues that you could attribute to a faulty control board:
- A problem in your furnace’s airflow can automatically shut down the furnace from producing heat as a safety precaution.
- When the furnace overheats or detects other dangers such as flame roll-out, the limit switch turns off the furnace.
- In order to protect your family and home, it is important that the limit switch is always working.
How To Choose A Heating Company:
Ask your heating company these questions to make sure you are making the smartest decision for you and your family:
EVERY one of our technicians undergoes 150 hours of training EVERY year with a master technician
Our technicians are not only screened and background-checked, but we only hire the kind of people not only willing to do ‘Good Deeds For Free,’ but who actually WANT to do them and enjoy the satisfaction of helping others.
We realize that most homeowners’ biggest fears are when a contractor works in the home, they will make a mess and destroy their property. We can guarantee you that we will leave your home BETTER than we found it or we will pay for a cleaning service to come to your home and clean it in its entirety.
The price we quote is the price you pay. We don’t give you any ‘lovely’ surprises in the form of additional costs or expenses.
INOPERATIVE BLOWER MOTORS
Without any force, air couldn’t travel to and from your furnace. This is where the blower motor comes in. The fan and blower motor are responsible for pushing air from the furnace into your home and pulling air from your home into the furnace.
- Your central air system relies on a small network of motors.
- These motors are essential in moving unconditioned air through the furnace and into your home.
- When these motors fail, the low airflow causes even less air to enter which means less heating for your home.
CLOGGED BLOWER WHEEL
The blower wheel works in tandem with the blower motor to make sure that large amounts of air are distributed evenly throughout your home. The blower motor keeps the wheel turning at an even pace so you have a constant stream of treated air in your home.
Blower wheels fall into disrepair for a few different reasons, some are:
- The wheel on which the motor spins gets damaged.
- The venting system from the blower clogs or corrodes.
- The pressure safety fails.
Service Champions is the highest-rated heating company in Southern California. If you still have questions about your heating system. Service Champions will help you get fast, friendly answers. Give us a call.