Southern California Ductwork Installation
Ductwork Has A Direct Impact On The Efficiency Of Your Heating & Air Conditioning System
DON’T NEGLECT YOUR DUCTS
Though it may come as an afterthought for some homeowners, ducts and ductwork are an incredibly important part of any HVAC system. Ducts shuttle air between your HVAC system and your home.
Without ducts, your HVAC system would treat air, but that air has no where to go. Ducts give everything direction.
Here’s are a few reasons why you should definitely NOT forget about taking care of your ducts:
- No matter how smart or green your central air system maybe, a lot of energy will go to waste if your air duct system is in poor condition.
- If your air duct system is in poor shape, much of that treated air can escape before it even makes it into your house.
- Poorly maintained ducts can even pose a danger to your health by becoming hotspots for mold and mildew.
BENEFITS OF MYLAR DUCTWORK
There’s a reason Service Champions chooses Mylar ductwork, the reason being that it’s the best. Mylar is sealed to provide 95% efficiency. This material is also formaldehyde-free and energy-efficient.
Here are a few other reasons we prefer Mylar ducts:
- Eliminates hot and cold spots throughout your home
- Uses formaldehyde-free insulation for a safer and healthier home
- Reduces the potential for mold growth in your ductwork
How To Choose A Ductwork Company?
It’s hard to know how to weed out the good from the bad. We’ve compiled a list of key questions that can help you determine which company is right for you:
We are very picky about who we hire. All our technicians are thoroughly vetted and back-ground checked – and we still won’t hire someone unless they have the friendly personality we are looking for.
Aside from the initial training – which is an intense 8-10 hour training course, we require all our technicians to train for 150 hours PER YEAR with a master technician.
We sure do. We have 9 written guarantees – and they are all written clearly with no confusing language. Read about them here
There’s an easy way to do that, just look up our Google Reviews – there are thousands of them!
That’s actually something we are very careful about because we know how frustrating it is to be fooled by a company that promised you a great price. When we quote you a price, that’s what you pay – no ifs and or buts.
AVOID ENERGY LOSS THROUGH COMPROMISED DUCTWORK
We’re always looking for ways to lower your utility bills. An alarming fact is that nearly 30% of temperature treated air can be lost through holes in your air ducts.
This loss of treated air forces your entire HVAC system to work twice, or even three times, as hard to produce the same amount of air. The extra work puts excess strain on your system and increases the likelihood of premature part failure.
Some other things to consider are:
- Scary Statistic: Inefficient Air Ducts are Responsible for Up to 30 Percent Energy Loss!
- If your air ducts have holes and leaks and the build of the house contains pressure differences, conditioned air fails to reach its destination.
- Air continually leaking from ductwork costs you money every time your heater or air conditioning turns on.
PROTECT YOUR INDOOR AIR QUALITY
One of the best things about ductwork is that it rarely needs to be cleaned. However, if the metal tubing is compromised in any way, it could lead to trouble.
Over use and with time, small cracks and fissures can develop in your ducts. No matter how small these holes are, they lead to loss of treated air. Cracks and holes can also introduce dust and other indoor air contaminates into your air stream.
- Poor indoor air quality can cause or aggravate illnesses and preexisting conditions like allergies and asthma.
- Leaky ductwork can be an opening for pests, critters, and even mold.
- To really elevate your indoor air quality, invest in an air scrubber or pure air filter. They will purify any air as it travels to and through the ducts.
Everything and anything pertaining to repairing, installing, and purchasing parts for your heater.