Stop the Spread of Germs; Purify the AirMay 27, 2015
How Does an Air-Source Heat Pump Work?May 27, 2015
Saving Money and Reducing Your Energy Bills with Service Champions
Today it’s so easy to spend more money than necessary when keeping your home comfortable. While there are many things you can do to save money on your energy costs, calling on Service Champions can help you see big savings, increased comfort and reliability.
Increase Efficiency, Reduce Your Energy Bills
- Upgrade to a new energy efficient unit. Particularly if your heating or cooling unit is ten years or older, it might be worth your money to upgrade to a newer unit that better meets today’s energy efficient standards. Comparatively, older units are not as efficient and cost more to heat or cool your house than the units now sold in the market today. Service Champions’ selection of furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps can help you improve the level of comfort inside your home while allowing you to save on your energy bills.
- Regular Maintenance. If you own a vehicle, you know that for it to run reliably it needs regular oil and filter changes, tire rotations and more. What many people don’t realize is that like your car, you’re HVAC system needs the same kind of regular care to keep it running smoothly. When your heating or air conditioning units are not regularly maintained, they often end up working harder than necessary to heat or cool your home, which ends up costing you in higher energy bills. Service Champions offers full maintenance services to help you keep your units in top shape, increasing the life of the unit, and it’s level of performance.
- Have Your Air Ducts Inspected and Sealed. The duct system inside your home is a crucial element in the performance of your HVAC system. Responsible for distributing heated or cooled air throughout your home, the smallest leak can result in a significant amount of energy loss. Any time this happens, your heating or air conditioning unit must work that much harder to make up for the loss, resulting in higher costs for you. A thorough inspection of your ductwork will identify and repair any leaks and weaknesses, and help you save a great deal of money.
- Consider Zoning Your Home. If you find you are regularly adjusting the temperature inside your home to compensate for areas that are cooler or warmer from the rest of the house, or you prefer for more individualized temperature control from one location to another, you might benefit from a home zoning system. Zoning allows you to heat or cool certain areas of your home, like the upstairs or downstairs for example, without having to control the temperature of your entire house. This can save you a great deal of money and improves efficiency by keeping your furnace or air conditioner from working overtime.
- Purchase a Programmable Thermostat. Programmable thermostats are one of the easiest and quickest ways to save money on energy costs in your home. Allowing you to set heating or cooling schedules based on when you’re home, sleeping, or requiring automated comfort control, programmable thermostats help regulate the temperature inside your home without making your HVAC units operate more than necessary.
- Regulate Humidity. The level of humidity in the air can have a significant impact on your comfort. Using a dehumidifier or humidifier can help to regulate the humidity levels inside your home and help make the work of your heater or air conditioner a little less difficult.
Are you interested in one of these services? Do you have questions about how Service Champions can help you save on energy costs? Contact us today to learn more.