The Benefits of Being A Club MemberMay 31, 2015
Common Air Conditioning Problems and SolutionsJune 1, 2015
How to Keep Your Home Cool for Summer
With summer just around the corner, everyone looks for a way to beat California’s grueling heat. Fortunately, there are several choices we can make to find cool relief. These very practical and easy steps to keep your home cool for summer.
- Avoid using appliances that generate heat. Major appliances inside of the home generate significant amounts of heat given their power, size and function. During the day, it is best to refrain from using your dryer and dishwasher. Another way is as simple as turning off as many lights as you can. For best results, try to diminish using major appliances between the hottest times of the day: between 3-6pm.
- Pull down the shades. It’s a simple tactic that works. Though any type of window blinds work, vertical Venetian blinds perform the best at blocking hot sunlight from entering the home through windows and glass doors. As the day progresses and the sun’s position shifts, open closed blinds and pull down where needed.
- Close all windows and doors. Though this may sound counterintuitive, open windows and doors invite in outside heat, warming indoor air. Closing all windows and doors provides a way to eliminate that heat source and keep cooler air inside of your home from warming up.
- Turn on the ceiling fan. Although a ceiling fan cannot condition air, the basic act of moving air around makes it feel much cooler. A ceiling fan can provide quick and noiseless relief from a hot home. In fact, ceiling fans are so effective that even if you want to spend some time outside, attaching a ceiling fan to the patio or deck provides a more enjoyable experience.
- Use plants to block heat. Plants can be used strategically to guard the home from absorbing too much heat. Use plants to block heat around the home where sun hits it the hardest.
These five tips can help make your summer more enjoyable. If you will be using your air conditioner this summer, remember to schedule an AC maintenance Tune-up. Our 26-Point Precision Tune-Up will ensure that your AC system is running as efficiently as possible all summer long.
Schedule a $88 Tune-Up
Schedule a Repairman